Monday, May 5, 2014

Phil attends MONSTERPALOOZA 2014 at the Marriot Hotel and Convention Center in Burbank-March 28-30, 2014

Greetings and salutations from Burbank!! Oh, why yes, I am back down in SoCal for another one of my many adventure! But this was no ordinary adventure! No, no, no my friends! I was there attending the convention known as MONSTERPALOOZA, which was held at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. For almost three days, yours truly (along with my friends Michelle and her boyfriend Bobby) had once again the most amazing time! I got to meet cool horror celebrities, saw some amazing make up effects and designs, got a ton of autographs, bought a bunch of cool stuff.

I had the pleasure of meeting several horror actors and actresses during this weekend. Of course I don't want to brag, but here's who I got to meet: Nancy Allen from DRESSED TO KILL, BLOW OUT and the ROBOCOP series, Bela Lugosi Jr., Ron Chaney and the rest of the Chaney Family, the cast of the HELLRAISER series, Courtney Gains and John Franklin from the original CHILDREN OF THE CORN, Sara Karloff, historian Bob Burns, just to name a few. Now there was a lot to see and do for those three days! Lucky for all of you , I took an insane amount of pictures! So for all of you out there on the world wide web, sit back, relax, and have fun checking out my favorite pics from this year's Monsterpalooza!!

Outside the Marriott waiting to get in.
The guys at the Midnight Syndicate Films were on hand to offer up some excellent chills and thrills. They had several movies on hand to purchase, as well as their awesome soundtracks like the newly released MONSTERS OF LEGEND! I picked up their 3 Disc Deluxe Edition of THE DEAD MATTER. For more info check out their website at www.midnightsyndicate.com.
Scares That Cares is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization that "fights the REAL MONSTERS of childhood illness, burns and breast cancer by helping families that are experiencing these extraordinary hardships cope with the financial burden." To help make a donation, please visit them at www.scaresthatcare.org.
Oh the sea of humanity!!
Me with actress Nancy Allen from CARRIE, BLOW OUT, and the ROBOCOP series.
Genie from the Bottle. How cool looking is this?
This is Christopher R. Mihm. This talented writer/director is based out in Minnesota & makes the ultra cool retro 1950's sci-fi & monster movies! I recommend them all! Check out his website www.sainteuphoria.com.
The main entrance to the Exhibit Area.
And let the draining of my bank account begin!! Look at all this cool stuff I need to buy!!
Composer  John Harrison was on hand to sign the newly released CDs of CREEPSHOW and DAY OF THE DEAD!! I of course bought DAY OF THE DEAD because it's my favorite!
Amazing detailed models and statues on display for collectors to purchase.
Awesome custom made dioramas for your action figures.
Here I am along with cult actor/director Greydon Clark! He stared in the cult classic SATAN'S SADISTS. He went on direct other classics such as SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS, JOY STICKS, FINAL JUSTICE, and ANGEL'S REVENGE. The last two films become popular on the hit TV show Mystery Science Theater 3000. Go check out his website at www.greydonclark.com and pick up his new autobiography On The Cheap: My Life in Low Budget Filmmaking!
Rotten Cotton "is the best Underground Horror, Sleaze, & Exploitation T-Shirts in the Universe!" And it's based out in Antioch, CA! So check them out at www.rottencotton.com. And remember kids: If it ain't Rotten Cotton, it ain't shit!
Alien space babes! Why yes, I would like to mate with you!
The autopsy table with the body of the late, great Frankenstein's Monster.
Hey it's Mia from the EVIL DEAD remake. This awesome replica comes from Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights and it was made by Patrick Magee of MAGEE FX!
The Reaper wants your soul!
This is what happens when you fall asleep in a tanning bed kids.
What's scary than a freaky looking puppet? Two freaky looking puppets! Want these two to add to your collection? Then head on over to www.thescarycloset.com today!
Another awesome creepy looking product courtesy of the fine folks over at www.thescarycloset.com. This of course is from the incredibly scary James Wan film INSIDIOUS.
Me again with another beautiful model who's name I can't recall. Well, this explains why I don't have a girlfriend. I can't remember beautiful women's names!
Oh Brittany! You've done it again!!
This is what happened to Snoopy during the zombie outbreak.
OK, I am trying to recall her name right now, but I cannot recall what it was. Mainly because I was so enthralled with her! I mean, c'mon! Look how hot and spooky she looks! I wanted to marry her right then and there!
Yup, it's just me hanging out with my old friends Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, and Freddy Kruger.
This was such a kick for me! To see this young girls (who was about 10 years old) got dressed up to meet her idol Tippi Hedren, star of Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS. I thought this was fantastic, especially since she wasn't even born when the film first came out!
Here's actor Russ Tamblyn autographing my original one sheet poster of the cult classic SATAN'S SADISTS. The other signature on the left is by Greydon Clark.
THIS WAS THE BEST WEEKEND I HAVE EVER HAD!! (OK I know that I saw that phrase a lot, but look at all the fun things I do!) I met so may icons in the horror genre, saw some great movies, party hard with all my friends, stayed up way too late, got up way too early, drank, ate, everyday was party!! This was such a blast! No you're all probably wondering when's the next convention? Glad you asked! There's gonna be a show called Son of Monsterpalooza and it'll be held on September 12-14, 2014! As soon as more details are released. I'll let you all know! In the meantime, to see who else was there, and to learn more about the event, check out their website at www.monsterpalooza.com.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show! 

19 comments:

  1. That’s incredible. I am really in love with these details. Even I would be hosting a lovely party for my son’s birthday and it will be a comic book themed bash. I need to find the budget friendly and most suitable convention center in LA for that. Was just wondering if you could help me find a good one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It s a very useful page. Thank you. 77eae279cd302877f8de420ad5279019
    van
    hasanbeyli
    adilcevaz
    doganyol
    akcakale
    uludere
    mutki
    kaynarca
    resadiye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 839617e42a4486a40009d5e995011a22
    sms onay
    website kurma
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 948642341fa867f1c13ff6b51c63549f
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your article. 849da558c40b17c7a8b054a9182f4873
    evden iş imkanı

    ReplyDelete