Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Phil sees THE ARTIST (again) at the Regal Crow Canyon Stadium 6 Theaters-Feb. 5, 2012

Theatrical Movie Poster (2011)
While I was in the East Bay, I took my good friend and fellow movie lover Jennifer to see THE ARTIST. Reason being was that she hadn't seen it yet, and I've been wanting to see it again! The film has already won a Golden Globe for Best Picture, and it has garnered a plethora of nominations for The Academy Awards. This film to me represents the magic that most films today do not have. In fact, I'd go so far to say that a majority of films being released today don't have that magic, that spark, that ability to be transported to another place and time. Set at the very end of the silent film era and the birth of the talkies, the film reminds us that,  "they just don't make them like they use to." The film captures this era perfectly, and since I'm also a big silent movie fan, this was a dream come true! Read my original review of the film here and go see this film if you haven't yet. This way when the film wins all those Oscars, you can say that you saw it while it was in the theaters!

THE ARTIST is currently playing in theaters nationwide, including at the Regal Crow Canyon Stadium 6 Theaters in San Ramon. To view showtimes, visit their website at www.regmovies.com.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment