Saturday, May 26, 2018

Phil sees AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (again) in 2D at the Cinelux Almaden Café & Lounge - May 5, 2018

Yes, I saw AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR again. Four days later. Yeah, it took me a couple of days to mentally prepare myself to view the movie again. You see, this one hit me in the feels. It really did. Reading the original comics was one thing, but to see it on the big screen, with real actors and actresses bringing these characters to life, and watching them grow for the past ten years, it hits you when they fail and fall. So I journeyed back to the Cinelux Almaden Café & Lounge to watch the film again.

So, after watching the movie again for the second time, I have decided it that it's my favorite Marvel movie, for the following reasons. Warning: spoilers ahead.

1) Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely laid it all on the line and crafted an out of this world, action packed, story driven, character driven, high stakes story that had me on the edge of my seat. The story had a riveting three-act story arc, life and death situations, big time action, and characters we've grown to love. And to watch them fight for their lives as well as for the universe, and to see them fail, was absolutely heartbreaking.

2) Filmmaking brothers Joe and Anthony Russo directed the hell out of this movie! Their framing and pacing fits the film's look and action. They give the right amount death-defying action and much needed humor. And they make it awesome to watch!

3) All the actors and actresses were fantastic!! And to finally see them all in action in the same film made me scream like a little girl at a Beatles concert (and yes, I sort of dated myself there, but let's be honest, music today blows just as bad as Trump. Yup, I went there!). To see Iron Man, Dr. Stranger and Spider-Man interact with one anther, and then with the Guardians of the Galaxy, watching Captain America, Falcon and Black Widow team up with Black Panther, seeing Thor with Rocket and Groot, and seeing how evil Thanos is, it's enough to make you gush with joy! This movie was ten years in the making!! Holy crap, I'm old!!

4) It's such a great entertaining movie! Period!

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is the film that changes the MCU forever! And it will leave you emotionally devastated and drained to the point of exhaustion! AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is playing in 2D, Real 3D, and in IMAX in theaters nationwide, including at the Cinelux Theaters here in the Bay Area. To view showtimes, visit their website at www.cineluxtheatres.com.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment