Sunday, February 23, 2014

Phil sees THE LEGO MOVIE at the Cmaera 12 Downtown San Jose-February 9, 2014

You know, when someone says the word Lego, my mind becomes filled with all the cool things I built with them: buildings, airplanes, cars, trains, lightsabers, etc. I loved my Legos, and so did my brother. Years later when my sister was born, she became a hug Lego fanatic! She had more Legos than my brother and I had combined! Then the Legos morphed and changed; now you can make official Star Wars vehicles, or comic book action heroes and the Star Trek starship out of them. Soon after, there were awesome video games that had outstanding computer graphics! All this leads to the release of THE LEGO MOVIE, which I saw in 2D over at the Camera 12 in Downtown San Jose.

The film's official synopsis: Emmet Brickowski (voiced by Chris Pratt), an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure, is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop the evil tyrant Lord Business (voiced by Will Ferrell), a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.

Also contributing their vocal talents to the film are Will Arnett (Batman), Elizabeth Banks (Wyldstyle), Alison Brie (Unikitty), Nick Offerman (Metal Beard), Liam Neeson(Bad Cop / Good Cop / Pa Cop), Morgan Freeman (Vitruvius), Cobie Smulders (Wonder Woman), Channing Tatum (Superman), Will Forte (Abraham Lincoln) and Jonah Hill (Green Lantern).

Directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord (CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS, 21 JUMP STREET, CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2) keep the film moving fast and furious, never letting up or slowing down. Right from the get-go, the film will leave you in stitches from the first joke till the last joke. But not only that, the film is action packed and captures every child's imagination at it full throttle! I remember playing with my Legos and THIS is how I imagined what I was playing with! Truly inspiring and captures the wonders of a child's mind!

Miller and Lord also wrote co-wrote the film's script along with siblings Dan and Kevin Hagema, who have experience in writing family films such as HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA and its upcoming sequel and several episodes for the children's television series Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu.

As I stated earlier, I saw the 2D version of the film and I thought it was outstanding! I am very interested in viewing the film in all its 3D glory! So look for me seeing this film again in the very near future!

Overall THE LEGO MOVIE is a smart, funny, action packed children's thrill ride of the year! The movie totally blew me away! I have never witnessed a more clever family film in all my life! Hopefully this movie will be a first in a new series of films that I would love to see. So if you're looking for something to do with the family this weekend, take them to see this movie!! 5 out of 5 stars!! Highly recommended!!

THE LEGO MOVIE is currently playing in both 2D and 3D in theaters nationwide, including the Camera Cinemas here in the Bay Area. To view showtimes, visit their website at www.cameracinemas.com.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment