Friday, March 15, 2019

Phil attends the Cinequest Film & Creativity Festival: Day Ten - March 14, 2019

Greetings and salutations and welcome to Day Ten of my trip to the 29th Annual Cinequest Film & Creativity Festival!! Hard to believe that the end of the festival is coming soon, so let's not waste anymore time! Once again I made my way back to Downtown San Jose where I saw one more film today over at the 3Below Theaters & Lounge. The movie I saw today was the dramatic HORIZON.
The film's about a building designer named Giorgi, who after having a falling out his wife Ana retreats to a remote cabin that's located in a swamp near the Black Sea, away for the chaos of civilization. Here, he meets and gets to know the locals as he deals with the pain of his wife leaving him and her falling in love with another man. The worse his situation becomes, the longer he stays away, even if he loses himself in his isolated depression.

While the movie deals with an all-too-real relationship problems that everyone of us has gone through, the movie moved way too slow, dragged in certain parts, and in the end, I didn't care about any of the characters. Even though it had great cinematography and the locations were beautiful and poetic, I didn't find myself emotionally invested in any of the characters, and, unfortunately, I found myself looking at the time more that I was watching the movie. 2 out of 5 stars.

HORIZON will be screened one last time on SundayMarch 17th at 3:45pm at the Century 20 Redwood City.

And folks there you have Day Ten of my trip to Cinequest 29! And there's still more films to watch before its conclusion! Remember the festival ends this Sunday, March 17th so make sure you come out here to Downtown San Jose to see some art! To view the festival's film schedule, purchase tickets and passes, visit their official website at www.cinequest.org.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment