Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Phil sees STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (again) at the Cinemark Century 20 Oakridge Mall - December 19, 2017

Well, I didn't wait long to see STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI again. This time I took my girlfriend Stephanie to see it at the Century 20 Theaters in Oakridge Mall, located here in South San Jose. So after seeing it on Monday after work, I told her all about it (spoiler free of course) and that I need to take her to see it. So we went the very next day and caught the 11:45am screening of the film.

Over two hours later, we exited the theater and I asked her what she thought of the film. All she could say was, "That was so awesome!" I sensed she was a little overwhelmed and was still trying to process the movie. Having seen it a second time, I caught more details that I missed the day before. As I said in my original review, Johnson has deliberately taken the franchise into uncharted territory. There is so much happening in the film that it requires multiple viewings, which I was planning to do anyway. 

So as I am writing this, the film has now grossed $791.7 million worldwide! It had the 5th biggest worldwide opening of all time, the 2nd biggest worldwide IMAX opening of all time and the 2nd highest Thursday night gross ever (the first was THE FORCE AWAKENS). The film is estimated to gross over $800 million by the end of the year.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is currently playing in theaters nationwide, including the Century Theaters here in the Bay Area. To view showtimes, visit their website at http://cinemark.com.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment