Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Phil sees MAN OF STEEL (again) at the Cinelux Almaden Cinema-June 17, 2013

Hello there people. So after spending the weekend attending the Hitchcock 9 over at the Castro Theatre, I wanted to see a film that was the complete opposite to a silent film. So after work I went to see MAN OF STEEL over at the Cinelux Almaden Theater over by my house.

OK, so I said in my original review that I really enjoyed the film. Well, after seeing it a second time, I still enjoyed the film. Now I have been receiving a lot of slack because I liked it. From family members to filmmakers, a lot of people really don't like the movie. My take on this can be boiled down to this one simple statement: it's just a movie. That's it! It's there for my amusement and entertainment. Was I entertained? Yes. Was I blown away by it? Yes. Did it have a good story and interesting characters? Yes. Did it have cool special effects? Yes? Did it offer action, humor, and drama? Yes. So, I liked the movie. Deal with it people!

MAN OF STEEL is currently playing in both 2-D and 3-D in theaters nationwide, including at the Cinelux Theaters here in the Bay Area. To view showtimes, visit their website at www.cineluxtheatres.com.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment